Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lauren and Phill - Ike who?

Well, after talking with Lauren today, it sounds like they are going to try to weather this Hurricane named Ike. I hope Ike is just a bit of rain and not much else. If you go to her blog, she tells what their plans are. Its weird not being there to help her and I know her and Phill will be fine, its just been my role in life to protect her and life goes on, kids grow up and find great husbands, and I just need to relax! I know this and I can do it. Heck, its not like I don't have enough to think about with the rest of my kids! Today, Taylor's High school and Jessie's Jr. High were in lockdown for a couple of hours because of a home invasion close by. Geeze, louise, what next?!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Lockdown? what's going on? ... this worries me. Please tell Lauren and Phil to take the warnings seriously. Have them stock some water because that will be a hard commodity to come by if the hurricane hits. I remember "Floyd" and "Irene" in Florida when Pete was in Ak with your Mom... not fun at all. They should store some batteries and a few days worth of food and they will be fine. They are in my prayers.

eva said...

Those crazy lockdowns! But at least the the kids are safe in school with that safety thing in place. We're suppose to get some of Ike up here too...nothing like Lauren will get, i'm sure. Texas storms are crazy!!!!

Phil and Lauren said...

haha well its saturday morning, the morning where its supposed to be the worst, and its not even raining!! Its just a little windy! I got all my hopes up for this huge storm and now Im a little disappointed I got the shaft. I guess I should be thankful, but I wanted a little action!