Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My finished Quilt!



The other day I finally finished a quilt I have been working on for awhile. Its called a "Crazy Eight" quilt design. Its actually not that difficult to do, just finding the time to do it. Which is why my quilting takes so long. I am giving this one to my daughter Dana, because she has decorated her daughters room in the colors of the quilt. And she painted these cool two-tone diamonds on one of the walls and it just happens to match the green diamond fabric in the quilt. If I can get to the pictures, I will also show what I am working on right now. Its a Christmas quilt and I've got some done, 10 panels, and 20 more to go before I can put it together. This quilt has been fun to do and I am already picked out some fabric to do another one. I also just finished decorating an apron for the Halloween holiday. I've got to get a picture of that on next. Okay, here goes...

5 comments:

Marshall and Dana said...

Love the quilt! Can't wait to hang it on my wall! I haven't seen the apron yet, but you better get started on another one because I'm sure I will want one of those too! hee hee:)

Phil and Lauren said...

Awww mom it looks great. except didnt you make it for me because my wedding colors were originally pink and green...unbelievable. jk love you

Christine said...

I want an apron! Dana gets the quilt, so tell her to be patient for the apron... Just kidding! Seriously, I am so proud of you for finishing a quilt. I have a goal to finish a quilt someday and after hearing the talks today in the General RS Broadcast, I feel like making it a reality. We have been encouraged to "create", to create something beautiful where there has been nothing previously... its a beautiful thought. I truly dislike crafts, but I firmly believe that a quilt is a long way from a craft... This is a beautiful gift for your Grands... now you need to make three more, ha ha!
PS: we still have the balloon quilt that you made for Dayson, its a treasure.

Michelle said...

Cute quilts! Welcome to the blog world. Your gonna love it.

Christine said...

I linked over to "stash talk" from your blog... you belong to such a great quilt group, it inspires me! There is a pic of two ladies holding christmas tree gifts they made, could you find out the pattern for that one for me? They are so cute and I love the colors! I feel like flying down there just to sit and watch you guys! Did you ever get a new sewing machine? Anyway, let me know about teat tree pattern if you can! Thanks Andie... miss you!